After upgrading our vCenter and compatible hosts to vSphere 6.5, we will take one of the important components of the vRealize suite: vRealize Log Insight.
The new version (Download here) comes with many new features and a face lift of the web interface (UI).
A small overview of the products improvements and updates to the previous release
- vSphere 6.5 compatibility.
- Support for custom SSL certificates in the vCenter Server edition.
- New overall user interface based on the VMware Clarity standard.
- New speedometer-like gauge chart type for event count visualizations.
- New Admin Alert Management tool and UI to view and manage all user alerts.
- New filter called Does Not Exist to find events that do not contain some specified field.
- Default REST APIs for installing Log Insight servers and clusters.
- SSL for the vRealize Log Insight is now enabled by default.
- Users can now subscribe to the content pack.
Further improvements are listed in the Realese Notes.
In my LAB i have actually a non clustered Log Insight 3.6 installed
First, please verify the upgrade path and the compatibility of your installed vCenter. The support of the vCenter version 5.0 and 5.1 has been removed.
don´t forget to take a snapshot of your appliance 😉
Download the Upgrade Package
in your management console click on Upgrade Cluster and browse to the downloaded package
Accept the EULA
The package will be now uploaded and the the upgrade will start
yes, it looks different
The new admin alerts management
New Filter “does not exist”
speedometer-like gauge chart type for event count
That´s it – vurIT 😉
THX and still social