vRealize Operation Manager is a Monitoring tool from the vRealize Suite help you to proactively identify and solve issues in your virtual environment.
Upgrading or patching vRops is a very simple action but before we start, let we see what are the new improvements coming with the new version 6.4.
- vROps introduces a brand new Home dashboard, which is also the new default landing dashboard for users.
- a new DRS dashboard: overview the clusters available within vROps and display information about them.
- The ability to separately visualize workloads
- Access to perform the Rebalance Container action directly from the Dashboard.
- Combined Configuration of vCenter and Action adapter.
- One Button Ease of Enabling or Disabling Actions.
- New CaSA Public REST API Interface.
- Added Support for the vSphere 6.0 Hardening Guide.
- Log Insight management Pack pre-installed.
for all other needed information about System requirements, installing and updating vROps and the known Issues in the new Release please consult the Release Notes
Please note: if you are upgrading an older version of vROps like 6.0 or 6.1 you should use atwo-step upgrade. First upgrade to 6.3 and then to 6.4. In my case i have 6.2 so i can make a direct upgarde to 6.4.
let we start 😉
the Upgrade of the vROps appliance is based on two steps, Upgrade of the OS and Upgrade of the application. For this you need the following PAKs:
Please before performing the upgrade, take a snapshot of your VMs (all Nodes: Master , Data and Replica if you have).
Login in your Admin UI
take your Master node offline
Give a reason and Click Ok
wait till the Cluster Status change to offline
go to Software Update and click on Install a software Update.
browse to the first PAK : OS upgrade and click Upload
Accept the EULA
Click Next (don’t forget to take a snapshot of your Master Node VM)
The Upgrade is starting
during the OS Upgrade the appliance will restart automatically
once finish, we can now start the application update.
Browse to the second PAK and check Reset Default Content to update all the vRops components. If you have special content like reports, dashboards or widgets, clone or backup this content before you proceed.
Check “I understand….” and confirm with OK
Accept the EULA
Confirm and proceed
Wait till the Upgrade is completed and your Node is running.
Finish. Taht´s it, vurIT 😉